Latest member and forum stats combination

in Tutorials on 06 Apr 2010

Latest member and forum stats combination.

I never liked how the forum stats using the SSI function looked.  I didnt want to show total of boards and total categories. Only the total of posts, threads and members.

...and i wanted to show all in 1 line.

It looks like this:

"Please welcome Z66 Texas, our newest member.        72887 Posts in 6965 Topics by 1647 Members ".

NOTE***  The current theme you're using, need to have a boardIndex.template.php for this to work.

Create a PHP block:
echo'
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="1" align="" width="100%" summary="">
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td style="text-align: center;">';ssi_latestMember(); echo'</td>
            <td style="text-align: center;"><p>', $context['common_stats']
['total_posts'], ' ', $txt['posts_made'], ' ', $txt['in'], ' ', $context['common_stats']['total_topics'], ' ', $txt['topics'], ' ', $txt['by'], ' ', $context['common_stats']['total_members'], ' ', $txt['members'], ' </p></td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>';

idesignSMF Team
Mick is an American theme designer for Simple Machines Forum software currently living in South Florida, USA. He runs idesignSMF.com and started tinkering with SMF in 2006 where he created several SMF forums of his own before he founded idesignSMF in 2009 to which he is dedicated full time.

idesignSMF.com | SimpleMachines.org

1 Comments

I added mine directly to the index.template.php.  I didnt want it in a block as i couldnt find a good spot.

See right under my logo:  http://www.chevyavalancheclub.com/index.php

rocket_launch

Awesome Support. Download our themes, you also get theme support.