Tutorials Themes Mods Inspiration Collections Theme Store Mod Store SMF HTML CSS geek Dani UX jane Lifestyle LimeStone

[WIP] Google Map Selector Mod for SMF 2.0

Written by Mick in WIP on 28 Feb 2011

Been working on a google map mod where admins can place addresses in their posts. Useful for those folks who run forums that have gatherings/meetings etc.

This jQuery script lets you easily embed a Google Map on your page that supports switching between multiple addresses. A two column layout is presented by default, with the list of desired addresses on the left column and a Google Map on the right. The script automatically adds a CSS class of "selected" to the selected address's LI container to highlight the current address while updating the "View Larger Map" link below the Google map to the appropriate link as well. A simple, out-of-the- box script for instantly putting up a Google Map for multiple addresses on your page!

Mick

is an American theme designer for Simple Machines Forum software currently living in South Florida, USA. He runs idesignSMF and started tinkering with SMF in 2006 where he created several SMF forums of his own before he founded idesignSMF in 2009 to which he is dedicated full time.

6 Comments

That is badass right there!!   I can see alot of use for this!!!  Great idea!!!
Quote from: TW1ST3D on 14 Mar 2011
That is badass right there!!   I can see alot of use for this!!!  Great idea!!!

Thanx.   I havent done much to it lately.   First things first. :D
I can see this being very useful  :D
So when will this be available as the v1 mod of Google maps uses API keys and they have depreciated the use of keys from what I read? Or do i just not understand what "Key" means...lol
Quote from: b0mbardo on 09 Mar 2013
So when will this be available as the v1 mod of Google maps uses API keys and they have depreciated the use of keys from what I read? Or do i just not understand what "Key" means...lol

I lost interest on this  a while ago. As you can see on the first post, the map doesnt work properly because I removed the OnLoad js from my template.

Go here http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/googlemapselector.htm

You can still use it when using html tags in your post. (admins only)
[html][/html]

Get more stuff like this