Amazingly Simple and Beautiful. Brand spankin' new free SMF themes every month.

SMF + SimplePortal Responsive Theme Support

Mick in News
Mar 22, 2013

As you know, i've been working for the past couple months on making SMF themes responsive. With the latest successful implementations, I decided to create SMF responsive themes and add them to our Premium theme collection.  These themes will support SimplePortal blocks, Articles and its custom pages. From hiding blocks depending on device width to what you want to show on certain screen widths.

Tagged with:

Mick

Mick G

Mick is an American theme designer for Simple Machines Forum software currently living in South Florida, USA. He runs idesignSMF and started tinkering with SMF in 2006 where he created several SMF forums of his own before he founded idesignSMF in 2009 to which he is dedicated full time and has a weakness for Tacos and Pizza.

10 Comments

Dave (Dim)
Mar 26, 2013
Good work, and they on looking really good.

on a slightly related note, trying to work out how to hide the right hand side panel on small screen resolutions using the default sp control which is something like

<a href="#side" onclick="return sp_collapseSide(4)">

so that on narrow screens i can get it to auto trigger but still leave the option there to expand it (so id only want the trigger called once).. cant even work out if feasibly that would be possible..

i notice that you have them hiding altogether on small screen. wonder if its possible just to call that trigger

mashby
May 02, 2013
Responsive design makes too much sense! Maintain one site as opposed to www. and m. and tablet. (I made that one up). Seems like a relevant place to include this link...
ArleyM.com | Chapter X
Resize your browser's width. If you have a really large one, you can see the full gamut of fun stuff. :)

Mick
May 02, 2013
Responsive design makes too much sense! Maintain one site as opposed to www. and m. and tablet. (I made that one up). Seems like a relevant place to include this link...
ArleyM.com | Chapter X
Resize your browser's width. If you have a really large one, you can see the full gamut of fun stuff. :)

I like the text running when minimizing the browser.  That's cool!

Yea, there's pros and cons when it come to mobile themes vs. responsive themes.

Responsive Design vs. Mobile Sites vs. Native Mobile Apps: Which One’s the Best? | Vandelay Design Blog

...and that's one link. Theres also much talk about it if googled.

alezan
May 11, 2013
Are there any responsive themes yet. I cannot find any :shocked:

Mick
May 11, 2013
Are there any responsive themes yet. I cannot find any :shocked:

Not at the moment.  Im finishing 3 themes to be released hopefully in the next week or so.

alezan
May 11, 2013
Not at the moment.  Im finishing 3 themes to be released hopefully in the next week or so.
Thumbs up  :smiley:

mashby
May 12, 2013
Responsive theme(s) would be rather neat. Not too many responsive sites out there yet, let alone SMF themes. 3 new themes in a week?!? Dude, you rock.

Sidenote, is Schlafly's any good?

alezan
May 22, 2013
Any news :tongue:

alezan
Jun 25, 2013
Will you ever release the responsive themes?

Anybody know of any responsive SMF themes out there?

Mick
Jun 25, 2013
Will you ever release the responsive themes?

Anybody know of any responsive SMF themes out there?

As far as i know, im the only one making them responsive. Im waiting to release them when SMF 2.1 is released.

Connect with us:

Improve SMF

If you wish to contribute to the development of SMF you can contribute to the coding discussions taking place on Github. You are also welcome to suggest features which you would like to see added to the software in the Feature Requests board.

Receive our monthly newsletter right in your inbox.

Advertisement  

go up