Amazingly Simple and Beautiful. Brand spankin' new free SMF themes every month.

Oops! I Did it Again?

Mick in News
Mar 03, 2013

You may have noticed, that things are looking a bit different around here. It feels like I?ve spent the better part of the past few years churning out redesigns here on my site. While I really love the process, I also hate it.

Yes, I?m a perfectionist. This means that everything needs to line up and be perfect, but also want to keep changing things. I don?t know about you, but this is a recipe for getting burnt out.

Was looking for something minimalistic and i think i found it. I really dig the new look of idesign360 and i hope you do too.

Tagged with: redesign smf theme custom light 

Mick

Mick G

Mick is an American theme designer for Simple Machines Forum software currently living in South Florida, USA. He runs idesignSMF and started tinkering with SMF in 2006 where he created several SMF forums of his own before he founded idesignSMF in 2009 to which he is dedicated full time and has a weakness for Tacos and Pizza.

9 Comments

michael.sears.351
Mar 04, 2013
I like the look and feel of the site works nicely, although I have say ... I'm not fan of the color. But I'm gamer at heart and really like  dark colors but that's just me.  What I like most about it is the menu ... neat and to the point. All in all I'd rate it 9 out of 10, Nice job! Good to know I'm not the only perfectionist out there lol.

Mick
Mar 04, 2013
I like the look and feel of the site works nicely, although I have say ... I'm not fan of the color. But I'm gamer at heart and really like  dark colors but that's just me.  What I like most about it is the menu ... neat and to the point. All in all I'd rate it 9 out of 10, Nice job! Good to know I'm not the only perfectionist out there lol.

Been wanting to have less scattered links and try to keep them all in one place. The old theme had links on the header that looked like a link farm lol. I am a big fan of simplicity and by doing this i hope our users dont get lost on where things are.

You can tell im trying to go away from the typical SMF look and try to look more like a blog, yet with SMF functionality.  The Display.template.php took a hit. I removed gobbs of code and IMHO  I think are useless and makes the forums cluttered.

Mick
Mar 06, 2013
Took another whack at it.  Much better.

michael.sears.351
Mar 07, 2013
yes much better!!!

I like the way you move the SP and SMF into the same line, I was trying to find out how to do this myself.

Proudly powered by SMF 2.0.4 & SimplePortal 2.3.5 ? 2013 Handcrafted in Valley Park, Missouri USA !!! Nice an clean.

Mick
Mar 07, 2013
yes much better!!!

I like the way you move the SP and SMF into the same line, I was trying to find out how to do this myself.

Proudly powered by SMF 2.0.4 & SimplePortal 2.3.5 ? 2013 Handcrafted in Valley Park, Missouri USA !!! Nice an clean.

Since its a personal website, its just hard coded.

<li class="copyright">Proudly powered by <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org">SMF 2.0.4</a> &amp; <a href="http://www.simpleportal.net">SimplePortal 2.3.5</a> &copy; 2013 Handcrafted in Valley Park, Missouri USA</li>

michael.sears.351
Mar 07, 2013
Doh!!! why didn't I think of that lol .... thanks man  :shocked:

Mick
Mar 07, 2013
Doh!!! why didn't I think of that lol .... thanks man  :shocked:

in Sources/Subs-Portal.php find this:

$replaces = array(
', Simple Machines LLC</a><br />' . $fix,
', <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org" title="Simple Machines" target="_blank" class="new_win">Simple Machines</a><br />' . $fix,
'class="copywrite" style="line-height: 1em;"',
'class="copyright" style="line-height: 1.5em;"',
);

...and remove the line breaks.

<br />

I didnt test it tho'. But by looking at it, it should place SimplePortal next to SMF instead of under it.  :shocked:

michael.sears.351
Mar 07, 2013
sweet thanks I will give this a try later or tomorrow, kind of wiped out tonight.

Mick
Mar 27, 2013
Went back to our previous theme. Now responsive ;)

Connect with us:

Improve SMF

If you wish to contribute to the development of SMF you can contribute to the coding discussions taking place on Github. You are also welcome to suggest features which you would like to see added to the software in the Feature Requests board.

Receive our monthly newsletter right in your inbox.

Advertisement  

go up